The BBC Academy are hosting an exciting series of free workshops, masterclasses and networking events for the creative industries in Cardiff and South Wales next week!
From filming on your smartphone to experiences in 360, it’s a fantastic opportunity for everyone to develop new skills and meet Cardiff’s diverse creative community.
Events are running from 26 February to 1 March 2018 across the city at various venues including Tramshed Tech, WMC, USW
Tickets for the workshops are on a first come, first serve basis, and having a ticket doesn’t necessarily guarantee entry, so make sure you arrive early too!
- Learn how to create impactful digital content and reach new audiences on social media in workshops delivered by the BBC Academy
- Creative Cardiff will explore the future of the city’s creative industries including sessions on the rising importance of ‘embedded creatives’ in businesses, how to develop new talent and the city’s thriving co-working culture
- Horizons (BBC Wales and the Arts Council of Wales) celebrates Cardiff as a ‘Music City’ with a day of inspiring hands-on workshops, special performances and a gig at the Senedd
- Entrepreneurial Spark will be running workshops to help local business owners take their companies to the next level
- Exclusive masterclasses from BBC Writersroom and the team behind the BBC Wales digital content stream due to launch in 2018
- Creative Tech Expo: Mingle with Cardiff’s innovators and play with amazing kit at this Monday evening social
- Innovative content makers will showcase their latest projects across the week, with a special event for the virtual reality (VR) community hosted at Orchard, an Open Doors afternoon at 4Pi’s studio and the Welsh National Opera’s Magic Butterfly
- School students and teachers are invited to join BBC School Report and local partners for a day of digital skills workshops including virtual reality (VR), robotics and fake news. If you’re a teacher or work with young people and you’re interested in these sessions, please email the School Report team to find out more
Tickets are likely to go fast and places are limited, so go through to the Digital Cities Cardiff homepage to book your place.