Roll back to last month, when we were talking about what the Facebook News Feed changes mean for content publishers.
There isn’t anything more frustrating than having the carpet swept from underneath your feet, unless you are Aladdin, of course.
And this is exactly what our readers have been telling us.
Every time Facebook changes its News Feed algorithm, we all look on helplessly, wondering what content we’re going to see more of, or less of.
The flip side to this latest round of News Feed changes, is that you have more control over this content. You just need to look in the right place.
So in this blog post, we’re going to tell you how to take back control of your own News Feed in a few simple clicks.
Take back control
The place to start is “Newsfeed Preferences“. A little setting that you may not even know existed.
- Click in the top right corner of any Facebook page (example: your home page)
- Select News Feed Preferences
To adjust your newsfeed preferences:
- You can prioritise the content that you see first – this applies to both friends and pages
- Easily silence people that you’re tired of hearing from – we all have that annoying friend or uncle, we don’t want to see what they’ve had for dinner every 5 minutes or their political views. Sorry unc…
- You may not realise this, but I bet you anything, you’ve unfollowed some of your friends’ updates by accident – haven’t heard from your best mate from High School in a while? That’s right, you’ve probably silenced him/her (accident or not)
- Want to see more content that you do love? The Discover Pages tab is pretty cool for this…
- Lastly “see more options” – this allows you to un-silence apps that you may have silenced – this was blank for us, so we’re not sure if it’s working just yet
When you scratch the surface of Facebook’s News Feed changes, you start to see what they’re doing.
They’re not harming you or Pages, they just want to put you back in control.